My First Dollar General Coupon Trip & What I Learned
Last Saturday, I completed my FIRST Dollar General Coupon Trip. I had the $5.00 off of a $25 purchase coupon and I wanted to give it a try. I feel like I learned a lot about couponing at DG. Hopefully this post helps you plan your DG Coupon Trips without worry!
I spent: $5.08 and that including tax. 2 of my deals did not work as expected and they gave me a refund & that's included in my total spent.
Click Read More for Full Breakdown!
2 Keebler Cookies $2.50 Each - Used (2) 1.00/1
3 Bounce $2.00 Each - Used 5.00/3
4 Bayer Low Dose Aspirin $2.50 Each - Used 10.00/3
4 BIC Products $1.00 Each - Used (4) 1.00/1
2 Suave Shampoo & Conditioner $3.00 - Used (2) 1.50/1
1 Huggies Wipes $2.00 Used .50/1
Buy 2 Keebler Cookies & Get $2.00 Off
Save $2.00 when you buy $6.00 worth of Suave Products
Also Used $5.00 off $25 purchase (It only took off $1.74)
TOTAL = $2.76 + Tax (2.32) = $5.08
I planned my trip at home, but when I went to DG some of the items I was originally going to purchase was already gone. So I had to rework my list in the store. It would have been helpful and saved a ton of time if I would of come up with a backup plan. At the register, the cashier scanned all of my items and then I gave her my coupons. I started with the $5.00 off $25 coupon and then gave her all of my other coupons. For some reason the $5.00 off coupon only gave me $1.74 off and I am not sure why. (I am still researching this issue) She had a problem entering the $10.00 off Bayer coupon so the manager said to get an extra Bayer Aspirin so there wouldn't be any overage. At the end I realized my total was off and I couldn't figure out why. I paid anyway since there was a long line. After looking at my receipt I noticed I didn't get the suave discount ($2.00 off of $6.00) or the keebler discount ($2.00 off of 2). The keebler discount was in the Ad. So I showed it to the manager and she gave me the $4.00 back. She said that I should have put my number in so I could get the DG Coupons & savings.
1. You can get a lot of items for really cheap when you use the $5.00 off coupon. (It's every Saturday from what I heard)
2. Create a plan AND a backup just in case some of the items are out of stock. This step is a huge time saver. I spent almost 2 hours there and this trip should have only taken me 30-45 minutes.
3. Put in your phone number to get the DG Digital Coupons and other Savings - SIGN UP HERE
4. Make sure you use the $5.00 off coupon first and then use all of your other coupons.
5. Be nice to the employees. I am so glad they worked to figure out the issue and gave me my money back!