Ibotta gives you cash back for purchasing certain items at certain stores. This includes grocery, general merchandise, alcohol, clothing, and sometimes they even offer cash back on movie tickets and at restaurants.
1. Download the Ibotta app to your phone.
(Note: If you would like to use my referral code it is lhvogw. If you choose to use my referral, you will get an extra $10 and I will get $5 when you redeem your first rebate. )
2. Unlock rebates for items you plan to purchase. It may be answering a question, watching a short video, reading a quote.
3. Shop at the store and purchase the item.
4. Verify purchases. Once you have purchased the item, click on the green circle at the bottom of the app. You will then select each rebate you have on your receipt. You will scan each item to make sure it qualifies.
5. Upload the receipt. You scan in your receipt by taking a picture of the receipt and submitting it. Walmart allows you to simply scan the QR code at the bottom of the receipt. Homeland (and some other stores) require you to link your shopper card to Ibotta. Each morning around 8:45, the purchases are uploaded to Ibotta and your cash is given automatically for unlocked items that you purchased; no receipt scanning necessary.
6. Once your earnings reach $20 for Paypal or Venmo, or $25 for gift cards, you can cash out your earnings.
*You can verify in store that an item qualifies. Simply scan the item, and it will tell you if it qualifies or not.
*Receipts can be up to a week old when you submit them. I would encourage you to keep your receipts that long in case new offers pop up for items you have already purchased.
*Sometimes, rebates will "reset." They will show up again after approximately 48 hours after your redeemed the first time. You can then purchase another of the items and redeem again.
*There are often bonuses given for redeeming a certain amount of rebates in a specific time frame, or for purchasing related items. You can see what bonuses are available by selecting it in the menu.