Creating a weekly meal plan really helps me stay organized during the week! I don't use my crockpot everyday, so these meals will last me at least 2 maybe 3 weeks. I will include my meal plan at the end to give you some ideas & more recipes!
ENJOY! I hope this post makes your week a little easier!
FYI - This is a long post with over 8 easy recipes!!!
**Disclaimer - I did not create the recipes. I got the recipes from Whoneedsacape.com.**
Here are the meals we are going to create:
1 Chicken Tacos
1 Island Chicken
2 Mongolian Beef
2 Honey Garlic Chicken
2 Sausage & Bean Soup
Ingredients to add to Ziplock bag: 3 Chicken Breast, 1 can tomato with Chilis, ¼ Cup of Water, & ¼ Cup of Olive Oil
When your ready to cook: add 1 packet of Chicken Taco Seasoning to the bottom of your crockpot. Then Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Then Shred Chicken & Cook for 10 more minutes (I used a whisk to shred the chicken)
Ingredients: 6 Chicken Breasts, 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice, Zest of 1 Lemon, 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped), 2 tsp dried oregano, 2 1/2 tsp soy sauce, 1/2 cup vegetable oil. You can add salt & pepper if you would like.
When your ready to cook: add 1/2 cup chicken stock & Cook on High for 4-5 hours.
Ingredients: 1lb Stew Meat, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 onion, 1 tbsp minced galic, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp minced ginger (I buy this fresh), 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
Cook on Low for 6-8 hours
Honey Garlic Chicken
Ingredients: 4 leg quarters, 1 tsp oregano, 1/4 cup ketchup, 5 cloves garlic (chopped), 3/4 cup soy sauce, 1/2 cup honey BBQ sauce, 1/3 cup Honey. You can add salt & better if you would like to.
Cook on Low for 6 hours
Sausage & Bean Soup
Ingredients: 1 lb breakfast sausage (cooked & crumbled), 3 cloves garlic (minced), 2 celery ribs (I only used 1), 2 14oz cans great northern beans, 2 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes, 3/4 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp basil, 1/2 cup onion
When your ready to cook: Add 32oz of chicken broth & Cook on Low for 6 hours.
Cost & Grocery List
SHOPPING LIST & COST
3 Chicken Breasts (3 Pack) - $15.00 ($5.00 each)
2 1lb stew meat - $12.00 ($6.00 each)
2 Chicken Leg Quarters (4 Pack) - $9.00 ($4.50 each)
2 lb breakfast sausage - $2.00 ($1.00 each)**
1 Can Tomatoes with Chilis - $.50**
4 Cans Diced Tomatoes - $2.00 ($.50 each)**
2 Lemons - $.70 ($.35 each)
2 Celery - $2.58 ($1.29 each)
1 bottle of Soy Sauce - $2.72*
1 bottle of Hoisin Sauce - $1.97
1 Ginger Root - $.16
1 Garlic Bulb (3 Pack) - $.99
1 Honey BBQ Sauce** - $1.50
4 Cans Great Northern Beans - $2.88 ($.72 each)
1 Honey - $4.00
TOTAL = $58.00
PANTRY STAPLES (Estimates included)
Olive Oil* $2.88 (small bottle)
Oregano - $2.48 (McCormick)
Vegetable Oil* - $2.50
Chicken Stock* - $1.50
Chicken Broth* - $1.50
Salt & Pepper
Brown Sugar** - $1.50
Ketchup* - $2.00
Rosemary - $2.96 (McCormick)
Basil - $2.50 (McCormick)
Chicken Taco Seasoning or Taco Seasoning - $.72
TOTAL = $20.54
My 3 Week Meal Plan
MONDAY - Honey Garlic Chicken
TUESDAY - Leftovers
WEDNESDAY - Spaghetti
THURDSDAY - Spaghetti Pie*
FRIDAY - Mongolian Beef
MONDAY - Sausage & White Bean Soup
TUESDAY - Leftovers
WEDNESDAY - Island Chicken
THURSDAY - Chicken Spaghetti*
FRIDAY - Salmon, Green Beans & Rice*
MONDAY - Chicken Tacos
TUESDAY - Mexican Casserole*
WEDNESDAY - Mongolian Beef
THURSDAY - Honey Garlic Chicken
FRIDAY - Leftovers
*I like to use my leftovers to create a new meal. Here are the recipes:
Spaghetti Pie Recipe
1. Cook 1 zucchini (chopped), 1 tomato (chopped), 2 cups packed spinach & 2 cloves garlic (minced) in 1 tbsp oil.
2. Mix Leftover Spaghetti, Cooked Veggies, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 tbsp milk, salt & pepper, & 8 eggs in a csserole dish
3. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until eggs have set in the center.
If you have a skillet that can easily go into an oven:
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Warm oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and zucchini; cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Add garlic, tomato and spinach and cook 2 minutes longer, stirring, until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in spaghetti and mix thoroughly so vegetables and pasta are evenly distributed.
2. Whisk milk, with eggs. Pour into skillet and swirl to coat vegetables and spaghetti with mixture. Cook 1 minute, stirring just until eggs begin to set on bottom. Sprinkle cheeses on top and place skillet in oven. Bake until eggs have set in center, 10 to 12 minutes. Preheat broiler to high and set a rack 4 inches from heat. Broil frittata until golden brown on top, 1 to 2 minutes, watching carefully to prevent it from burning.
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
1. Boil Spaghetti
2. Chop & Cook Bell Peppers, Zucchini, & Mushrooms (Or any other veggies) in 1 Tbsp Olive Oil.
In a Casserole Dish Mix Spaghetti, Veggies, 1 can diced tomatoes with seasoning*, leftover chicken*, alfredo sauce & 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Then Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
3. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted & meal is hot!
*Sometimes I microwave the chicken to heat it up. I use 1 can Red Gold tomatoes with Basil, Oregano & Garlic (Makes any meal amazing!
Mexican Casserole Recipe
1. Cook leftover chicken & 1 can of beans (I use ranch style beans) in a skillet on Medium heat. Add 1-2 Soft Tortillas (Shredded), bell peppers, & mushrooms, 1/2 - 1 tbsp chili powder (to taste) & 1/2- 1 can of tomato sauce. It depends on the type of beans you use and if you need more liquid.
2. Put mixture in a casserole dish* & add sliced avocado & 1/2 cup mozeralla.
3. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
*Sometimes I just add the avocados & cheese to the skillet and cover for 5-10 minutes. Tastes just as good!